Welcome to the Nipomo High School Counseling Department!
School Counseling Services:
The Nipomo High School Counseling Department is committed to preparing students who are successful, healthy, responsible, and productive citizens, to be globally competitive in the 21st century. Counselors work with students individually and in small groups to provide personalized assistance to students in the areas of: academic planning, post high school and career planning, and personal/social development. The NHS Counseling Department adheres to the standards and best-practices set forth by the American School Counseling Association to implement a comprehensive and data-driven school counseling program.
NHS Counseling Department Goals:
- Deliver individualized support and small group guidance lessons in academic, personal/social, and career domains
- Create a safe school environment that promotes high levels of student learning
- Promote university/college and career readiness for all students
- Assist all students in attaining their highest level of academic potential
- Serve as a liaison between students, families and community agencies
We are located in the Administration Building on the Nipomo High School campus. We are open Mondays - Fridays, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm. Please contact the assigned counseling secretary to schedule an appointment with Mrs. Kia or Mr. Hubbell. To schedule an appointment with Mr. Meloncon or Mrs. Davis, please email them directly.