Class of 2020 Students & Families,
Happy Graduation Day! We look forward to this evening’s ceremony and celebrating each of you in an unprecedented and exciting way that is as unique and special as each of you!
We have arranged for a ceremony that adheres to our traditions and fulfills the priorities of our senior class:
Walking cross the stage.
Receiving their diploma.
Be together as a class one final time.
Tonight's commencement is distinct from many others in that it affords every member of our Senior Class to be together, as Titans. To accommodate each student in student parking lot we are limiting the size of vehicles. Trailers, RVs, limos, etc are not permitted.
This year’s commencement is a private event and not open to the public. Gates open at 4:15pm. Families are encouraged to arrive no later than 4:45pm to afford adequate time to go through Checkpoints A, B and C. No parking will be permitted other than participating Class of 2020 vehicles and no foot traffic or additional spectators will be allowed.
- Candidates are encouraged to sit in the front passenger seat (or directly behind the front passenger seat (for four door vehicles) and need to be wearing their cap, gown and regalia.
- Students need to be prepared to present their ASB Card or Student ID number.
- Vehicles need to remain in the assigned position until directed to move forward towards the stage.
- Following the speeches, candidates will graduate in the order they arrive. Vehicles will be directed forward by row number.
- Only senior candidates will be permitted to exit the vehicle at checkpoint D.
- Please refer to the diagram of tonight’s ceremony for additional details.
- In addition to the professional photos, we have designated two locations for you to capture special moments including when your student crosses the stage and will have a few volunteer staff members who will be taking pictures that will be made available at a later date.
Everything you say & do, don’t say & don’t do is a reflection of you.
When last together, while not perfect, there was shared respect for one another. While apart, a lot has changed in our lives and in our world. From these events we continue to learn and get better not only for ourselves but for every member of our community. Let today serve as an example to our community, county and country of how we can come together and work together to establish a culture of gratitude, appreciation and love.
Vehicle & cap decoration
Class of 2020 Candidates are encouraged to appropriately decorate their mortarboards (caps) and families are encouraged to decorate their vehicles. Vehicle decoration must be completed prior to arriving on campus as occupants must remain seated in their vehicles at all times. Each Candidate is requested to create a poster or large card with their name to be placed on the vehicle dashboard when arriving on campus. Please ensure that it is legibly written and that it can be easily read. Please review our guidelines for decorating your mortarboard and vehicle. The following board policy applies to students and vehicles:
“The Board of Education believes that appropriate dress and grooming contribute to a productive learning environment. The Board expects students to give proper attention to personal cleanliness and to wear clothes that are suitable for the school activities in which they participate. Students’ clothing must not present a health or safety hazard or a distraction which would interfere with the educational process.” (BP 5132)
As a reminder students at Nipomo High School are asked to follow the following guidelines:
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- Clothing may not display or imply profane or obscene language or pictures showing crude or vulgar gestures
- Clothing may not express racial, ethnic, or sexual slurs
- Clothing may not advertise or encourage drugs, alcohol, or tobacco
- Underclothing must be covered at all times
- Any apparel which by virtue of its color, arrangement, trademark or any other attribute is known to be gang related, is prohibited
How to listen and/view the broadcasted content prior to crossing the stage
Please tune to 105.5 FM upon arrival. If you choose to use an Internet connected device, some pre-recorded content will be available starting at 4:30 PM. The Official Ceremony starts at 5:00 PM. Audio will be broadcast on campus on 105.5 FM. Video will be available through YouTube.
You Tube Link
We appreciate your cooperation throughout to make this a safe ceremony for all participants by maintaining social distance and refraining from exiting your vehicle. Only graduates will be permitted to exit their vehicle at the designated location.
In the days following the Class of 2020 Commencement, Nipomo High School families will be notified of a date and time Graduates can pick up their photos from the ceremony and their official Nipomo High School Diploma (Diploma covers are distributed during the ceremony to ensure the official document is not damaged or lost). NHS will also notify Graduates and their families when the final edited graduation video is available on the Nipomo High School YouTube Channel.
We look forward to this memorable occasion for your NHS Senior!
In the case of an emergency, a phone number will be available upon arrival.
1 Students will receive their official diploma at a later date.