Q: My dad is a photographer but he isn't a professional. Can he take my senior portrait?
YES. Make sure he follows the senior portrait guidelines in the senior portrait section.
Q: Will Yearbook accept any senior portrait?
A: NO. Yearbook reserves the right to edit, or refuse publication of any photograph deemed inappropriate by administration or the yearbook adviser. Not considered suitable for publication are, but not limited to, the following:
- Others in the picture with the senior (i.e. no children, spouses, friends, or relatives).
- Attire which is not neat, clean and non-disruptive.
- Hats or any head covering / head gear.
- Clothing which does not cover the chest and upper torso.
- Any apparel with rips or holes.
- Visible tattoos.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Anything that promotes, advertises, implies or suggests the use of drugs, alcohol or tobacco.
- Obscenity or lewdness.
- Anything that is inflammatory in regard to race, religion or heritage.
- Anything that identifies, promotes, or relates to gangs or gang affiliation.
Q: Why should I use a photographer on the list?
A: Yearbook wants to guarantee a quality book with quality senior portraits. The photographers on the list provided to you are licensed professional photographers, support our school, and have agreed to the type of portrait that will enhance the layout in the yearbook, as well as compliment you.
Q: I want to use a photographer that isn't on the school list. Can they take my senior picture?
A: YES, just make sure they follow the guidelines and remember, you want this photo to look professional. No iPhone selfies.
Q: I really don't care about a senior portrait. Do I have to get one?
A: NO. Mrs. Sutherland or someone from the yearbook staff can take your picture for the senior section or we can list your name at the end of the senior portrait section.
Q: What is a Grad Ad?
A Grad Ads are really congratulatory sentiments from senior class parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, etc. You can find more information about Grad Ads at www.theyearbookcompany.com