The NHS counselors continue to support our sophomore students in exploring their interest areas and connecting their interests with post high school planning. Students will have the opportunity to enroll in a variety of elective options, as well as Advanced Placement (AP) classes. Counselors will work with students throughout the year to help align students’ interests and goals with their post-high school plans.
- Sophomore Class Talks- The Counselors will meet with all sophomore students in small groups throughout the school year to review high school graduation requirements and various post-high school plan options and requirements.
- Back to School Night- In August families have the opportunity to come walk through their student’s schedule and meet our teachers & staff. Learn more about your student’s courses and resources available to your student at NHS.
- Small Group Meetings with Career Counselor- The career counselor will meet with all sophomores in a small group setting to administer personality assessments and provide opportunities for career exploration. The purpose of these meetings is to help students identify careers that align with their interests and personality. These assessments potentially help students understand themselves better and foster an appreciation for their unique way of viewing the world. These meetings also help students understand the connection between their high school education and their career and lifestyle goals.
- Individual Meetings with Career Counselor- The career counselor is available to meet with all sophomores individually who are interested in discussing their interests or pathway, exploring careers, and developing a plan for achieving their desired career and lifestyle. Students will work with the career counselor to identify their interests, prioritize top career choices, discuss college majors, and develop strategies for achieving academic success in high school, as well as compete effectively in the college application process, desired college/university program, and workplace. Interested students must sign-up in the counseling office or email the career counselor directly for an appointment.
- PSAT 10- All sophomore students will have the opportunity to take the PSAT 10 test, a practice test for the SAT. The PSAT 10 score report provides students with personalized information to help students prepare for the SAT.
Enrich your high school experience by getting involved with athletics and activities. We offer a variety of opportunities at Nipomo High School. Please visit the athletics and activities pages for more information about ways to get involved.