Junior year is an exciting year, as students continue to map out their post high school plans. The NHS counselors work with our juniors to facilitate post high school plans that align with their career goals. Students will learn about resources and tools to help them research and navigate the college and university application process, as well as other post high school options- including but not limited to trade schools and the military.
- Junior Class Talks- The Counselors will meet with all junior students in small groups throughout the school year to review high school graduation requirements and various post-high school plan options and requirements.
- Back to School Night- In August families have the opportunity to come walk through their student’s schedule and meet our teachers & staff. Learn more about your student’s courses and resources available to your student at NHS.
- PSAT/NMSQT- Offered to Juniors in October.
- Small Group Meetings with Career Counselor- The career counselor will meet with all juniors in a small group setting to revisit previous interest inventory results, personality assessments, and 10 year plans created in freshman year. Students will have the opportunity to retake previous assessments, take additional assessments, and modify/ confirm existing educational and career plans.
- Individual Meetings with Career Counselor- The career counselor is available to meet with all juniors individually who are interested in developing or modifying their educational plan to ensure a rewarding career and attain personal and financial goals. Students will work with the career counselor to identify their interests/passions, review their pathway, prioritize top career choices, identify desired lifestyle, consider job shadowing possibilities, choose college majors/minors, explore universities and/or college programs/trade schools, and develop a post-secondary educational plan to help students in the future compete most effectively in the workforce. Interested students must sign-up in the counseling office or email the career counselor directly for an appointment.
- Junior Parent Night- Students and parents/guardians are invited to join the counselors in the Spring for an informational meeting highlighting the college planning process. The meeting will be held in the evening and delivered in both English and Spanish.
Enrich your high school experience by getting involved with athletics and activities. We offer a variety of opportunities at Nipomo High School. Please visit the athletics and activities pages for more information about ways to get involved.