Senior year is definitely an exciting year for students and parents. The NHS Counselors work with our seniors to facilitate post high school plans. Students will utilize resources and tools to help them research and navigate the college and university application process, as well as other post high school options- including but not limited to trade schools and the military.
- Senior Class Talks- The Counselors will meet with all senior students in small groups to discuss the high school transition and provide information on school resources. Students will learn more about graduation requirements, as well as academic and post-high school information.
- Individual meetings- Parents and students are encouraged to schedule an individual appointment with their counselor to discuss the college application process and timelines. At the meeting, parents will be provided with their student's academic transcript and the UC and CSU Readiness Report.
- Back to School Night- In August families have the opportunity to come walk through their student’s schedule and meet our teachers & staff. Learn more about your student’s courses and resources available to your student at NHS.
- College Night for Seniors (and Parents!)- Students and parents/guardians are invited to join the counselors in the Fall for an informational meeting highlighting the college application process. Please check out this link specific details about the September 26th event: http://www.nhstitans.org/apps/news/article/613660
- Cash for College Night- Students and parents are invited and encouraged to attend a workshop in the fall that will provide individual assistance with completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Enrich your high school experience by getting involved with athletics and activities. We offer a variety of opportunities at Nipomo High School. Please visit the athletics and activities pages for more information about ways to get involved.