Welcome to Nipomo High School Career Counseling!
To promote self-awareness and career development in order to empower students to make responsible and meaningful choices in a competitive 21st century, globally dynamic world.
To serve the career development needs of all Nipomo High School students by providing high quality and diversity-sensitive services through individualized career counseling meetings, small group guided career lessons, pathway course offerings, college and career field trips, and career presentations designed to facilitate learning and advance student well-being, purpose, identity, academic success, and career achievement.
Nipomo High School students receive:
- John Holland Interest Inventories to connect students' interests with potential careers
- Meyers-Briggs Personality Assessments to promote self-awareness, purpose, and identity and further connect students to potential careers
- In-depth career exploration and college/university research to aid in appropriate student selection of majors and minors
- Opportunities to attend school-wide career and college/university presentations and field trips
- Encouragement for students to test their ideas with pathway selection and courses, volunteering, job shadowing, part-time employment, and/or extracurricular activities
- Opportunities to take the ASVAB on NHS campus for the purpose of further career exploration or military pursuits
- Customized attention to resumes, job search letters, and interviewing skills upon request
- Listening and helping with personal concerns that relate to career decisions